I bought the dust collector used over the summer. The only thing needing my attention on it was the foam seal that the bag seals on. It was highly compressed and no longer in its original position. I Scrapped it all off and replaced it with some door seal foam tape I got at the big box store.
Before: You can see the dust patterns showing where it leaks
Now it seals like it should. No leaks. I even had enough tape left over to seal around my table saw door.
I used all of these and a razor to get the old foam tape off. It wasn’t easy. The goo gone and degreaser worked the best, the alcohol was only to clean the other chems off:
Foam Tape used:
The tape was thick. It made placing the clamp on the DC Difficult. The foam has a memory so after a month on there I am certain it will stay compressed and make for placing the clamp on there easier. (I don’t know why the first pic is upside down. I rotated the pic and uploaded again but the page flipped it upside down again. weird)