I thought I would post an update on the bench. It has taken me a while to get the top together because I didn’t want to have any mistakes. I’m pretty happy with the results even though I did end up with two issues with the dog holes because of over sight.
The first thing I did was to get the pattern makers vise and a set of square dogs so I could get it laid out the way I needed it to be.
Here are the pieces before I cut the square holes.
This is my TS sled with the 3 degree jig clamped to it.
Here is the simple jig I made to cut the other grove for the dogs to drop into.
I also have round dogs that go with the face vise. This was on the plan but I added a row in the center of the bench. I thought I might use them for hold downs or something.
Here is one of the issues that I ran into. You can see where the row of round dog holes ended up on top of the leg assembly.
This is the other issue. The other leg also ended up where some dogs are. I’m not really worried about it though. I’ll just use the short round dogs and make a set of short wooden ones for this row.
It took every clamp that I have.
Here it is all stuck together.
I am planning on taking the top to a cabinet shop with a Time Saver close to my house to get it flattened. I hope to be pretty close to being finished by the end of next week. I’ll post the results as soon as I can.
-- Clay Ortiz, North Georgia