Finally some photos. Doesn’t look like much but I have high hopes.
These are some pictures of the pine for the counter top. Heather enjoyed using the sander and did a fine job with getting the wood back to it’s original colour. Good girlfriend or what, eh?
This picture below shows the line where I did the lap joint glue up to bring the length to an overall 129”.
Here is the finishing process and the installed result.
Still wet here.
Now here are some pictures of the nightmare that is the salvaged the cedar.
Originally it was this.
After milling a…few times.
Now that wood are these.
Lastly, here are some pictures of the spruce used to make the “cabinets”. Really I just made a big frame and added panels for exteriors of which there is only one and bottoms and tops. The plugs are 3/8” walnut made from a dowel cutter and my drill.
The counter isn’t fully attached yet. I’m debating on whether or not to use some sliding button to allow movement.
This is the lower section with the counter being cutout before finishing.
Well that’s a lot of pictures but I’m caught up now.
I think I’ll look into how to get all the pictures to be smaller. Hope it wasn’t too annoying.