I’ve done a little work on the clock hood Saturday, so here’s what I’ve got right now.
I made the arch moulding and installed them I also cut and glued on the goose neck mouldings. I was real happy with the left one since it mated up with the return moulding nearly perfectly but the right one had a small gap. I guess I’ll cut a small shim to close the gap rather than putting in putty. I hate it when that happens!
Here a close up of the rosettes, the one on the left is carved and the one on the right a blank. I don’t like the one on the left at all. I’ll have to carve something else or another.
Here’s a view with it on the saw table.
The hood is HEAVY! I might cut lightening holes to make it easier to handle.
Well, I gotta get to the shop, I have more mouldings to cut.
-- God makes the wood beautiful--I simply rearrange it to make it more useful, hopefully.