This build is going slow because each piece is complicated and because the steps are a bit different than the usual fair. I also ran into some complications with my mortiser bits. But the first step of the build is now done.
I marked the mortises carefully
And then cut them on the mortiser.
Cleaned up the mortises with a chisel—done with the mortises.
I cut the double curves on the front legs (back legs were already done) on the bandsaw. With this build, the instructions call for gluing up the four legs with the side aprons before moving on, so I sanded the legs and side aprons before glue up.
And the legs and side aprons are glued up.
Usually I don’t follow a totally strict plan in building a piece (which is what got me in trouble in the first place on this project). But on this one I have to be really careful and follow the plan. I’m not totally sure what the next step is, so I guess I need to read on!
-- "Man is the only animal which devours his own, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor." ~Thomas Jefferson