Ah figured out how to start a series of blog.
So a little progress today on my glue ups for the table top. Scraped and sanded the glue lines from yesterday and then ran all the boards for a final pass thru the planer while they would still fit.
Then glued up one of the last three sections, so just two to go. Here are the pics of the glue up and the other two sections that will get glued tomorrow, and then just one more to go. Only going to do one per day now that the top is getting much heavier as it gets joined.
I don’t use a ton of clamps, but I did index the top for alignment with biscuits to ensure a good fit.
Here are the final two sections side by side that I will glue up tomorrow evening.
Once the top is completely glued up and the glue has cured, more scraping and sanding and I am wondering with the weight of the ash top if I should need to mount a couple of braces across the underside width of it to keep it true.
This whole work table top is more about learning milling, jointing, tight fits, etc. than anything else, so what better way to practice and learn than on a piece of shop furniture. Otherwise I would have just made the whole thing out of 2×6’s when I made the base.