I took a break from working on the shed, once I had it dried in with roof on, and coat of primer. But it needs some final finishing, and I have to regain the momentum I lost because of some out of town events I attended and then dealing with a TS recall and getting a replacement assembled.
Now I am getting back on track and it should be easier, now that the weather is out of the 90’s and into the low 80’s which makes it nicer to work.
This week I made a plank door and mounted it. It was not a perfect fit on first installing and had to dig out my electric planer to shave some off the latch side and top. This is a heavy door, and without the help of my neighbor lifting it in place would have been a hard task.
On the advice of a friend that had built one and experienced some racking, I put a piece of 1/2 exterior ply on as a backer and this should insure that it keeps its shape.
Once the hinges were on, it swings like it weighs 10 lbs. but having lifted it in place its weight is probably close to 60 lbs. or more, and final thickness is 2”.
So, today I will prime the door and the window trim, and install that when it dries. Also will start putting on the final coat of paint to the shed, and the wife will come back and paint the door and window trim another color to add a little contrast.
Once this is done then I will move on to building an access ramp.