Friday I chalked some lines on the rim boards for adding my siding and ran my measuring tape on the studs to double check where the laps would meet and discovered I screwed up on my 10ft. walls when I laid them out by not accounting for the stud width on the adjacent 12ft. wall. My book said 16” centers for studs and thats what I did when I built the 10ft. ones but they should have been on 16” centers starting with the end of the previous wall!! What a rookie error but no biggie I just had to add 2 nailing studs to each wall. Oh well live and learn.
I had good weather Sat.& Sun. to work on the shed. I wanted to get it completely dried in with siding and roof sheathing. Typical for me, I got half done of what I had wanted to accomplish.
Since I have been working on this project by myself, I tacked 2×4 scabs on the rim joists to act as levelers and supports for the T1-11 siding. As I soon found out working with 4×8 sheet goods by yourself can be a bit challenging at times.
For the most part things went fairly well. I did have a sheet or two that I had to wrestle into position, and I scewed up on the 10 ft. side, by ripping a panel in half installing a 24” end piece. The first end piece went in fine and I figured on using the other 24 inch piece on the opposite 10ft wall. What I miscalculated on was I needed to start the opposite wall with this piece to make the lap mating pattern work out by reversing the pattern from the previous section.
Another live and learn scenario that sent me back down to Lowe’s on Sunday morning to get a couple more sheets of siding to finish off the siding ,and get some 4 mil plastic to put on the roof, as we are supposed to get some rain today, and as sore as my muscles are I am going to take a break for a few days before I tackle the roof.
Here is photo of where I am now.