1) Thank GOODNESS I’m mechanically inclined. The assembly directions for some reason didn’t explain clear enough for me on some parts and bored me to tears on others. Even though I have it standing on its legs finally… I’m finding that I will likely have to figure out how to remove the caster assembly with the table upright and start over with that one. The foot lever that engages and disengages the casters (so it can roll) is supposed to be on the right side of the table if you are facing it, but it’s a HORRIBLY inconvenient place if you ask me. It’s under the side with the longer wing…? It’s a strange place for the directions to direct placement. I could go on but…
2) I mentor a 13 year old boy; we both got the opportunity to learn patience with each other… Haha! On a serious note though… These are the things he’ll remember about his childhood. He works harder than most adults… Now if we could just get that attitude under control with his parents! Ha!
3) Everything seems well designed and we’ll built so far. Surprisingly, I’m really digging on getting everything square and level. It’s like a rubix cube level 4 million… Challenge accepted!
1) Having no reference point is a bit of a challenge. When adjusting the fence rails and zeroing the front rail I found that no matter what I tried I couldn’t get the fence to glide across the table. It sounds like it’s rubbing on something and catching. It’s not a metal on metal sound… More like a kid trying to slow down a Walmart bicycle with cheap breaks kind of sound. Rubber on metal I suppose describes it. I got frustrated at the end of the night and again took the valuable advice of not working tired and called it a day.
2) I mentioned the wheels… But it’s worth mentioning that mine look nothing of what others of the same model look like in their shop videos. Mine has 3 wheels not 4. One swivels like a proper caster the other two are stationary. It’s like maneuvering a clumsy red tricycle instead of artfully directing a 4 wheel drive vehicle. What’s up with that?
All in all… Great day. I’m trying to be patient. I keep having these “holy cow I CAN TRY TO BUILD THAT” moments. Especially when I’m trying to find a tool and realize how poorly organized everything but my power tools are. I need to get through the kid furniture plan first before I undertake another project… But tool organization is at the top of the list.