Hello. I am now almost done the bench top. The tailvise still needs to be made and I need to glue the shoulder vise together, but the majority of work is done. Since my last post I finished the splines for the shoulder vise and tapped the nut for the vise, and cut the detail out.
This is a 2 1/2” diamter nut with 2 tpi. I am making a video of the process of tapping the nut.
I also finished the splines for the end caps and drilling the holes for the bolts.
The bolts and splines are centered on the ends of each top.
I just realized the gap might be handy as a type of tool tray.
Next I will glue up and finish the shoulder vise and screw, tap the nut for the tailvise, trim the endcaps, and start work on the tailvise. If anyone has any questions or would like pictures or a video of anything, just leave a comment.
-- And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord... Colossians 3:23 http://carterswhittling.wordpress.com/