Hello. This is a update to my chessboard build. Its been a long time since my last post here because I have been busy, working on some other projects, and trying to aquire the tools and materials to finish the board. The last couple days I have completed most of the pawns with 4 left to be done. I have finished the Kings and Queens as well as the other large pieces aside from the Knights. It is very fun to turn some of the maple pieces because I come across some neat spalting like in the close up of the King.
I have also made the walnut drawer front and side. They are finished with tung oil and I have yet to put a coat of paste wax on them. I used my new/old Inca table saw with its tenon jig to make the bridle joints for the frame.
All the parts are quarter sawn.
I have also got the drawer bottoms installed and the drawers glued up, but I will post the pictures when I have the dividers for the pieces installed in the drawers.
-- And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord... Colossians 3:23 http://carterswhittling.wordpress.com/