LumberJocks

Arts & Crafts Dining Room Set #18: A Little Progress...

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by CaptainSkully posted 05-20-2010 05:55 AM 1217 reads 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 17: Table Top Post Mortem Part 18 of Arts & Crafts Dining Room Set series Part 19: Getting Back on That Sawhorse... (or Table Legs Redux) »

I finally had a day off, so I chopped up the messed up lock-mitered legs by setting the blade right up against the fence at a 45 degree angle. I was able to push the legs through with the help of a featherboard to be as safe as possible. I chopped a bit off each side, but I think the next version will be much better, even if they’re up to 1/2” smaller on each face. I started to run the freshly liberated faces through the table saw to reestablish fresh mitered edges to prepare for a spline or a lock miter, but chickened out and worked on another project.

After I got to a stopping point on the other project, I thought I’d give my new BeadLock Pro 1/2” kit a try in preparation for the chairs. It was relatively straightforward, but the test pieces were a strong 32nd off. That may be good enough for a table, but if I’m going to use this for my Rodel chairs, I want a bit more accuracy. I’ll give it a couple more tries to see if it was me. Once I figure it out, I’ll post a Review.

Sorry, no pics this time. I’ll post some pics when I figure out what the heck to do with the legs.

-- You can't control the wind, but you can trim your sails



2 comments so far

View a1Jim's profile

a1Jim

112096 posts in 2233 days


#1 posted 05-24-2010 05:10 AM

Photos ?

-- http://artisticwoodstudio.com Custom furniture

View owl's profile

owl

5 posts in 1895 days


#2 posted 07-26-2010 05:19 PM

When you ran your pieces through the router for your lock miter joint did you run one piece flat and one piece verticle. It looks like the joint doesnt fit because you have all “male” and no “female” parts or visaversa. I cant tell by the picture alone. Also a fellow luberjock fixed his quad posts by sawing through the joint at a 45 like you have done and then glued a spline (1/8th inch wood to match his 1/8th inch sawkerf) and it looked great. http://lumberjocks.com/bsherman/blog/12526 Sorry if this has all been talked about already.
Ed

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase