I was able to squeeze another day in the shop. We started out by finishing up the parallel linkage with the barrel bolts we got from the hardware store. Then we fabricated the Brooxe hanger and the camera enclosure mount. Finally, it was time for the handles.
^ Handles installed on the reel assembly
^ Camera enclosure mounted on the bottom of the parallel linkage
^ Brooxe hanger showing how kite string winds around the “mushrooms” in the top member of the parallel linkage
A little finish sanding, and we should be ready for a test flight. We’re using an 8 square foot Sutton Flow Form kite. Hopefully, the rig won’t be too heavy. At worst, we’ll upgrade to a 16 square foot kite.
-- You can't control the wind, but you can trim your sails