I have finished these frames a while back but never had a chance to finish the blog. Since my better half was in a rush to get them up on the wall, I had to skip the splines I had originally planned. They seemed fairly strong with just glue, so lets hope they hold up. If not, that’s the excuse to take them down and put splines on them :)
Anyhow, they are walnut, with simple miters in the corners finished with watco danish oil which I found to be easy to apply and looks very good. My first miters using a jig I built and was happy to see that they came out fairly decent without any tweaking. The pictures are from our most recent trip to Istanbul Turkey.
Thank you for all the help and suggestions you have provided along the way.