I decided to make a matching Log Bed for my Black Lab today,( My Daughter came By and said I have to much time on my hands). I still have lots of odds and ends from this last Log harvest so,... why not. This of course is for camp.
I decided to use construction adhesive instead of glue for the dowels, I think it will fill the voids and be much stronger since no screws are used.
I will use sisal rope as the mattress frame support (Good thing shes past chewing on stuff)
As with the other projects I scribed and doweled the joints for IMO a much cleaner fit.
I’ll throw in a pic of the Bed frame stained and sealed with 3 coats of tung oil.