After a few days on and off of working on this project (among others, including another snake puzzle and a cat puzzle). I finally have the ark fully assembled and all the animals sanded. I didn’t take any more in progress pictures but I did snap some of the completed ark (minus a finish).
I spent about 7 hours hand sanding the animals from 80 grit to 330 grit (I think or it is 320). I put them in a ziploc bag so they don’t get full of dust.
During this time I finished building the ark! I cut some more dowels and glued them in place. After sanding those down and gluing all the parts together, the ark is complete!
Ok enough talking and get on with the pictures!!!
I hear you…I hear you. Here they are.
Here it is in all it’s glory!
Another one with the hatch open.
And a third with the whole deck off….you can store the animals inside!
Thanks for following this blog. Next up will be pictures of the completed project. I now have to spray finish on them all.