The Gen’l Contractor says that I can start moving in, even tho we have not had the final inspection. He had to have the plans redrawn because I moved the doors and windows. Then he has to have the plans stamped by the city before he can call for the “dry-in” and the final inspection. The target date is Wednesday but he is concerned that the holiday week will cause delays. So, I can start moving in, I just can’t place any insulation or wallboard yet. But, I can start moving machinery into the shop which will give me an uplift….....I’ve been getting tired and frustrated because of the waiting. Mike and I can not start hanging the cyclone until this weekend but I can get it out of my living room at least! The trailer is loaded with all sorts of pvc couplings that I have been waiting to see if I need any of them to hook up the system to the machines before returning them to the store. With the trailer empty, I can get some OSB and insulation in and ready to hang. The electrician still has to hook up the outlets in the boxes, so I still have no electricity except for the extension cord I have running from the garage. Today the soffit man came and put the soffits up all around and it looks fine. I’ve come up with a home-made version of a panel saw which I can build on the end of the “cabinet” where I will store the plywood. It will take up very little room and be very convenient to just pull a sheet from the cabinet and insert it into the panel saw for rough cutting. Oh, I have so many plans and items to build before I can even start working on furniture projects…..I still need a headboard….....but it will be wonderful to finally be in the shop. Would everyone please cross your fingers that we can get final approval Wednesday? Thanks !
-- Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get !