I was out in my workshop today making some sawdust. I am trying to get some projects completed for a show I am going to next weekend. I was ripping some boards on my table saw and about 30 minutes into it I started to smell smoke. I turned the saw off and found the sawdust that was under my table saw on fire. I was able to quickly tamp it out but was wondering what caused it. I knew I didn’t hit any nail’s even though it wouldn’t have surprised me since I was cutting old pallet wood. I turned the saw on and quickly saw that my motor was sparking excessively and shooting some sparks out at times. I didn’t notice it earlier because I was using a sled. So I took the blade off and blew the sawdust from inside the saw out with compressed air. Turned the saw back on and it was still sparking. I decided that I would pull the brushes out of the motor to check them and found that they were wore out. While looking at my owners manual to try to find a part number for them I noticed that it actually states that you should check them after the first 50 hours of running and every 10 hours after that. This is something that can be forgotten and if I had a dust collection system hooked up I might have had a major problem. I didn’t have any damage, only downtime at a bad time.
-- Chris , https://www.facebook.com/CMHNCrafts