Happened during this, more later
First thing to do is make up some legs. Padauk, 9 mm square.
Machined to shape on the router table
The leg proper (part that is visible for its whole length) is 3 mm wide and 7 mm deep. The flange on the back is 9 mm wide x 2 mm deep.
A quick try in the box sides
Now the flange only goes about halfway up the box sides, I don’t want it appearing at the top and ruining the lines.
This means I need to route slots to take the flange in the red liner which I did with this setup
The mitre guage is set to 13 degrees. The jig attached contains the red side pieces whilst routing. The Clamp at the bottom of the picture is the end stop for routing operations. I’m using a 6 mm bit so I’ve made the jaws of the jig 3 mm further apart than the side width in order to rout a 9 mm slot
I route only 2 mm into the side so as not to show the flange on the inside of the box.
I trimmed off the flange from the top (with respect to the box) end
and inserted it into the complete side. This is where the momentary lapse of reason happened. Panic! When I started to slide the Padauk liner piece into the box the slots didn’t line up. I looked away and looked back at it and realised that they would when the liner was fully in place. Phew! They all did
so sliding the leg in and taking some tape off I saw this
and it all seems to line up
OK. Back to the shop for some more fun.
Be seeing you.
-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging. http://www.theartofboxes.com