It’s been four weeks since I moved my shop tools over to the new place. Other, last minute panic, items got deposited in the garage too. We finally moved in about a week ago. Today I started to re-build my shop and on entering the garage this is what I found
Under there (somewhere) is my table saw, workbench and router table! The rest of the place wasn’t much better
Still I cleared some of the excess away and found the bench
In three parts; frame, top and back
This is the first time, in ten years, that it has been disassembled. For some bizarre reason, when I built it, I screwed a couple of the top screws down into the frame, rather than up through the frame into the top. I’ve cut these and plan to totally ‘screw up’ this time. (The top is a three layer affair, two 18mm chipboard layers and one of hardboard or masonite to our American cousins). So I had to add in a mid stretcher
Off to find a piece 46 mm square for this out of this pile
I settled on a piece 23 mm thick which I would double up. So my first timber cut in the new shop
and I broke out the trust old Sandvik to make the cuts in the frame.
It’s now re-assembled, well partly, as I need to add the lighting rig and find the draw runners .Why I took them out I don’t know, ‘It seemed like a good idea at the time’.
Be seeing you
-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging. http://www.theartofboxes.com