Not literally. Today was one of those of solutions not problems. I left you with this
Next thing to do is cut the Bloodwood pieces. Marked up to fit on the curved ends of the three shaped Cherry pieces.
Using the Cherry as a template. First I cut to the line using my bandsaw
Then that was tidied up on the router using my circle jig, giving
Fits like a glove
The other edge of the Bloodwood is bounded by a curve cut into the ‘Chess Board’ pattern so I cut the curves on this piece first
Then used it as a template for the curve on the combined pieces
These combined Cherry/Bloodwood pieces are only half pattern though. So I resawed them all and glued the six pieces up so, using the ‘Chess Board’ as the template
Cutting off most of the waste on the band saw . A quick check
Then sanded each on the belt sander to shape. A quick fit up gives this
Then I trimmed off any excess on the ‘top’ (of the box) pieces and taped all together and stuck it to a sheet of 3mm Birch ply.
I then trimmed this up to a regular rectangular EZ mitre board. All that is left to do is sand to thickness using the drum sander and EZ Mitre. I’ve blogged that all before so I’ll leave this blog here. Next time you see this should be as an EZ mitre, shell box in the projects section.With a proper name and some sort of explanation, if needed, as to what the pattern is supposed to be.
Be seeing you.
-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging. http://www.theartofboxes.com