I went into the shop tonight. The little piece of the toffee-like stuff I had cut off of the remains in the tub
was significantly harder. Hard enough to take the trial pieces through the drum sander. Sucessfully, so I took the pattern through as well
This is a rough sand and the resin is probably not fully cured yet so some colour bleed, particularly from the Bloodwood. No matter. There are some voids left by bubbles. I’ll fill these, tomorrow, then fine sand when the resin is fully cured.
Till then I cleaned off each piece with white spirit. This gave a taste of what to expect when these boards have their final finish on
Just what I always wanted .
Be seeing you
-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging. http://www.theartofboxes.com