I’ve decided to make this one with wood from from my scrap bin
and my ‘Ebony Bits Box’
I won’t bore you with the details but after a lot of cutting and sticking, using Viscose CA, I had made the pattern (with a few little modifications). This was glued onto a backing of 1.5mm Birch Aeroply, using PVA, and thickness sanded to 5mm. Hand sanded down to 600 grit and a couple of coats of spray acrylic (satin finish) later this is the result.
I have stopped to show progress at this point for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t know if the pattern registration is accurate enough to allow an EZ Mitre, Shell to be made of it. If not it will be wall art. Secondly, if it is accurate enough and I mess it up during the cutting, there is at least a record of what it looked like.
I’m going off into the shop to assess this now. I’ll report later.
Be seeing you.
-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging. http://www.theartofboxes.com