I thought I’d mix it up a bit in this part of the blog and record a video where I:
- Discuss what to look for when you pick up a secondhand brace and consider buying it.
- Mention variations in design and size and why you would use one size over another.
- Address Racerglen’s question on restoring plated braces.
- Answer lysdexic’s question as to why the Yankee 2100 represents the pinnacle of brace development.
YouTube only allows uploads up to 15 minutes in length (which I never knew at the time of recording), so I had to break it into two separate videos. At great expense (not), I recorded it in HD. So, if your PC is able to cope with high definition playback, follow these three steps for the best viewing experience:
1. Click Play.
2. Click on 360p and select 720p HD.
3. Switch to fullscreen.
Now on with the show!
Here is the link to Sydnassloot.com that I mentioned in the video. Well worth checking out.
Also, if you are interested in seeing what goes on inside that wonderful Yankee 2100 ratchet, check out the sectional views on Georgesbasement.com.
-- Andy -- Old Chinese proverb say: If you think something can't be done, don't interrupt man who is doing it.