LumberJocks

My Dust Collector Mod #2: Minor Update

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by BrettLuna posted 07-20-2018 03:19 PM 750 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 1: Design and Adapting the Air Filter Part 2 of My Dust Collector Mod series Part 3: Pieces Parts »

I took yesterday off to be home for the replacement of my well pump and took some of that time to tinker with the dust collector. I added some foam tape the filter cap and to the outside bottom of the tub, where the clamp secures the dust bag. Much better seal there, now.

While I was emptying the dust bag, I tossed a few handfuls on the floor for an impromptu test. This thing sucks more than it ever has. My guess is the old filter bag had about 25 ft² of surface area. With about 10 times that (254 ft²) I knew, conceptually, that the cartridge filter should dramatically improve performance but I was still surprised with the actually air flow. It’s better than brand new.

-- Brett — Peters Creek, Alaska



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com