LumberJocks

Banjo #6: Weekend Progress

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Brett posted 04-30-2012 06:00 AM 819 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 5: Shaping Up! Part 6 of Banjo series Part 7: Installed Hardware and Head »

Todays banjo progress was getting the pot to final thickness and shape. I did this on the lathe. The quartersawn sycamore edge band was cut, bent and glued to the outside of the pot. This should look really nice, at least better than the block rim look. Yesterday I was able to get some more shaping and sanding done on the neck. I have more to do still but it’s getting closer.

I may run into some problems with the strings rubbing on the head but I will address that issue later. I should have made the head longer or just got banjo style tensioners that mount in straight from the back out the front instead of the ones I did get.

I also got the parts in that I ordered. I will show these in a later post.

-- Hand Crafted by Brett Peterson John 3:16 http://www.TheCrookedNail.blogspot.com



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase