LumberJocks

Banjo #2: Clamps Removed

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Brett posted 04-18-2012 02:48 AM 3360 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 1: The Neck Part 2 of Banjo series Part 3: Starting the Pot »

Here are some images of the neck with the clamps removed. The fingerboard is glued on with some titebond II. One thing that I didn’t do that was on the example on the website that I am following is a spar in the neck. The 2024 aluminum that I found was $50 for a 3’ piece. Too much for me. So I left that piece out and we will see what becomes of it. If there is a noticable problem for me, I can always make another neck or just make a 2nd version of the banjo with the necessary improvements on it!

-- Hand Crafted by Brett Peterson John 3:16 http://www.TheCrookedNail.blogspot.com



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase