I’m new here, and this is my first post.
I received the saw several weeks ago, and just got around to installing a new blade (3/4” Timberwolf) and setting up the adjustments. I’ve been dabbling in woodworking for about 60 years and have a fair basic knowledge but never became very proficient. One of my earlier projects was a fabulous dollhouse and furnishings for my grandddaughter many years ago. I still have it because she has no room for it. But she now has 3 daughters (my great-granddaughters) and I want to get them started with “room boxes” filled with furniture. Since most of these things will be made from thin sheet lumber (which can get very expensive) I decided to make my own. At least that’s how I justified new tools.
After adjusting the saw, I turned it on and tested it on a 3” wide piece of hard maple using the rip fence. First slice was 1/32”. Came out perfectly! Second slice 1/16; again perfect. So the saw seems to pass the resawing test. Essentially no variation end to end or top to bottom. Just right for dollhouse furniture.
One comment about the setup of a 3/4” blade. The design of the upper adjusters is such that the guide bearing housing interferes with the thrust bearing as the guide bearings are moved toward the gullets. It seems necessary to retract them a bit to clear the thrust bearing. No problem on the bottom adjusters. And the blade tracks just fine. Also no interference problem with a 1/2” blade. Seems like a design fault although the manual does allude to the problem.