LumberJocks

Raised Garden Fencing

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by BlankMan updated 1485 days ago 5 parts 15376 reads 30 comments total

Part 1: Milling The Wood & The First Frame

1514 days ago by BlankMan | 7 comments »

Well I’m still at it, woodworking that is. Although I find myself building more utilitarian type projects lately then anything else. Like this one. I have two 4’ x 20’ raised gardens and keeping the varmints out has always been a challenge. Short of using buckshot which is frowned upon within city limits. So years past I’ve been getting a 50’ roll of chicken wire and wrapping it around each raised garden. It works for the most part but once installed makes it a b...

Read this entry »


Part 2: 8 Done, 4 To Go

1513 days ago by BlankMan | 5 comments »

Well I got the eight 10 footers done, now have to make the four 4 footers. Got the rest of the Red Cedar cut and milled too. This little project has set me back $175 for the Western Cedar, on sale at that, and $30 for the Stainless Steel Screws so far. Good thing I didn’t do a cost analysis first. It just kinda amazes me that I dropped 200 bucks on something this simple, hope it works and lasts. If nothing else it will look better and make it easier to tend the gardens so at least it ha...

Read this entry »


Part 3: All built, 4 Footers Stained

1511 days ago by BlankMan | 6 comments »

Well all the frames are built, eight 2’ x 10’ and four 2’ x 4’. Next step is to stain them all and add the chicken wire fencing. All twelve glued up Here are the four smaller ones stained using a all weather neutral/natural stain. It sure did bring out the red tones in the Western Cedar. I do like how that looks.

Read this entry »


Part 4: 10 Footers Stained

1493 days ago by BlankMan | 3 comments »

Well I finally made some progress on this. I got side tracked with my 80 gallon rocks that arrived and then installed a rain gutter on my neighbors garage so that I can collect the water. So I have one installed and with the rain we’ve been getting it’s full and really haven’t had to use it, well, because of the rain we’ve been getting… Made the stand it sits on and the diverter on the downspout to divert the water to it only until it is filled then it goes down ...

Read this entry »


Part 5: Finally - Done & Installed

1485 days ago by BlankMan | 9 comments »

Wow. I can’t believe I started this project a month ago almost to the day and this took me a month. Granted I got sidetracked with a few other projects along the way but still. It was kind of the kind of project I don’t really like. Repetitive. I like making one, or maybe two of something, to make twelve of something got a bit boring at times. Too much like an assembly line. Doing the first of each operation on the first one then the second was fun, on the twelfth, not so fun. But...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase