This is the laminated adjustable section after the clamps came off:
It gets run through the planer and its pretty much done:
These are the two halves of the main lower section of the stand. The insides are routed out to receive the adjustable post which will slide inside the lower section. I removed most of the inside on the router table. Then I finished it by using a palm router with bottom clearing bit until the slots were the perfect size.
Checking the fit with the two halves together:
I chamfered the inside edges where any glue squeeze-out might interfere with the sliding post. I will not be able to scrape excess glue off the inside.
The two halves of the lower post glued up:
This is the joinery for the base being done on the router table:
Then I cut the angles on the table saw with an angle jig:
The base pieces done:
Another dry fit:
Then I decided to remove material from the bottom of the feet to leave “pads”:
Just a little preview of how it will all come together:
Another 4 hours today for a total of 9 hours of building time so far.
-- Happy woodworking! http://www.openarmsphotography.com