Today was a semi-productive day. I got two 2 timber segments glued up, and got Uncle Max off/out of the crappy mobile base. That took a bit longer than I expected, as I had to go forth and get some more hardware for the task. The trip forth ended up including dinner, and a stop at Lowe’s for some other hardware for the base, which I ended up not getting as a different approach came to mind.
Pictured below is the tool I used for moving Uncle Max off the lousy base. It is heavily stressed in this pic.
Having proven that the hoist can hoist, I lowered the maple shavings, maneuvered the hoist into the shop, and got to this point – Uncle Max hanging out.
Now, Uncle Max is back on Terra Firma, and in the morning I’ll be continuing the adventures of building a mobile base for Uncle Max and building my new bench.
-- I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park! Grace & Peace.