I’ve got to be coming up on a record for myself of slowest build to any project I’ve ever done. But at last I have attached the face frame to my cabinet and have the drawer webbing in place. Nothing great to look at—but I’m proud of it all the same.
I’ve had a couple of firsts on this project. One being that I managed to put a new burr on my scraper!!! That in itself is big news for me. Then I managed to actually use the scraper to clean up the sides of the cabinet a bit. Also, with this face frame, instead of trying to get it to fit exactly on the cabinet, I made it about 1/32 larger and after attaching it, I used a hand plane to level it to the sides. This technique works so much better than trying to get the measurement exactly right – I always ended up sanding the heck out of my sides to make them even with the face frame—- but no more!
Any how – here is a picture of my progress. I’m going to work on the drawer next.
I know my proportions are way off – but the size will fit the requirements of the friend who wants the cabinet. Maybe this will start a new trend in woodworking——out of proportion stuff. I’d be queen of the movement!
Thanks for looking.
-- "Our past judges our present." JFK - 1962; American Heritage Magazine