I put my drawer case together and have the slides in there. There are a couple of spots where the measurements were wonky for some reason, but I got it all squared up where it needs to be squared up. I think I may have cut my dadoes a wee bit too tight, because I had to wrestle with this thing quite a lot. And it is big, so there was some sweating and swearing. I think if I had more experience with this sort of thing, I could’ve planned my assembly attack better, and maybe saved some final cuts for when I was actually putting it together. Like, those small vertical dividers – I had to recut those to be slightly bigger. Ah well. The worst is over. I didn’t really trust my glue joints since I fiddled with them so much, so I put a bunch of screws in there too.
I was debating what sort of drawer slides to use. I liked the concealed ones, but they are really expensive, like almost 50 bucks a pair. Then I was going to use some cheaper side-mounted ones, and I was just about to order them when I found a screamin’ deal on some slightly used accuride concealed slides in just the right size on ebay. I ended up paying around $15/pair, and I have extra for the other built-ins that I plan on making. Score!
The little drawers on top have a simple undermount center slide.
So now I have to get the wood for the face frame, top, and side. I’m on a little break from this project as I suffer through the flu, but hopefully I will be working on it again soon!