I resisted the urge to K+dichrome or tint this project (with approval from the fiance’). I’m not proud of the sanding but what’s done is done. I’m going to employ a basic LJ tenet of 1) BLO, 2) Shellac 1# seal, 3) Poly. I’m at the BLO part & I’m pleased so far. I’m aware that some hate to show end-grain forward but I’m in a different camp. I’ll use a darker knob to tie in to the dark red end-grain. I left the deeper scrub plane marks and tearout on the top. I don’t want to forget that I didn’t pass this over and under planers and jointers! The drawer is 2# amber shellac & a bit more tinted than I wanted. It’s rustic, I can live with it.
Drying a bit:
-- My dad and I built a 65 chev pick up.I killed trannys in that thing for some reason-Hog