I completed all the drawer guide joints and turned my attention to assembly. I glued up the front of the case; the tenoned lower rail and dovetailed upper rail made it a snap to glue up (a curious woooden skew looks on):
I need some method to attach the top that allows for movement. I also need a good excuse to pull out the plow plane. I’ll place a 3/8” dado in the side aprons using the Stanley #45. Sharp nickers & some paraffin make for some fun planing:
Now for the glue-up! I gave a dab of glue to the lower “adjustable” drawer supports. If the drawer comes out perfectly, I’ll pin the support where it is.
Next step: fitting the drawer. I’m going to have some fun with this & I think I’ll use some hickory with a French bottom:
Thanks for looking!
-- My dad and I built a 65 chev pick up.I killed trannys in that thing for some reason-Hog