Using my circular cutting jig for the router, I was able to fabricate a special rings that will serve as the lippings. It was several passes from two faces of the rings. the Lips has to be rabetted in such way that it will fit in all aspects. Here it is the final glue up…. not sanded yet.
The last phase will be next week. THE HINGE and the FINISH. Nearly done.
THE ORIGINAL PLAN IS BETTER….
I earlier planned to use strips of wood (semilar with flat popsicle stick) to be the side instead of these skewers as shown above. I have made additional circular ends so I constructed the original plan. This is the second time of making cylinder so I am avoiding those problems I got from the first job. So it became better.
Some points I learned:
1) The veneer (inner wall) was cut diagonally so there will be continuity of strength while gluing.
2) After I finished the gluing the strips, I have to detached from the ends (lid and bottom circles) and then check out for the inside part and make tight while the glue is still dry. (I noticed that if there are no air in the glue, it dries so slow so I took out the masking tape and press them to remove the excess glue.
A present, I have already sanded the sides… look like a pipe… I am happy with the second one.
Till next weekend. I can do my hobby only weekends… Probably, I can do some veneering..
God bless and Thanks,