I think all of us may think it is sometimes wise to stop typing and just do what are the things to do.
I almost forgotten this series. But I do read still but did not bother to update.
A recap on the second day of this boxes….
Previous weekend I was travelling to the North that was Saturday… The cremation done last Monday and back to Manila. It was only Tuesday that I had faced the second day of this rush boxes.. On that day, I was able to sort out some wood and made the sides….
You might be surprised that I did not really follow all the instructions as mentioned in the part 1 of this series. Just because of so many reasons:
1. The lumbers are recycled, scraps and even cutoffs. Though it is my habit to match and sort those scraps to become a component of one box, still there are missing links like the lids or bottom, probably a frame need to be made.
2. The lumber to be used for sides are not good for gluing that it requires dovetailing. The plan of mitering was made only for those 3/8 and above…. Still I like the dovetail because there is flexibility in joining different thickness of the sides.
3. Surprised to know that each owner has special need… big, small, longer, etc. Luckily, the depth was not a question. Most of them admire my previous work with banded inlays…
The works on the second day was not really bad, it was a quick one, resawing to size, make 4 boxes in dovetail joint (3 tails each joint manually cut). I was not able to take photo due my camera is alwasy busy with other affairs.
TODAY, Saturday… A get together party was done in the morning, but I excuse myself in the afternoon … to finish the boxes. I cannot find the camera … but here is the update…
1. Finalized all the seven boxes’ sides…. planed and sanded.. glued the joints.
2. Cut the bottom lids and glued. (I finished the 5 boxes with bottom lids done)
3. Prepare the bands for inlay.
4. Most of the routing and planing for the top lid for the 3 boxes done.
5. What ever available that are sanded and cleaned were rubbed with Tung Oil..
WHAT NEXT… I GOT ONLY TOMORROW (1 day) TO FINISH at least 5 BOXES TO GO TO CALIFORNIA HANDCARRIED.. THE GANG FOR USA WILL BE LEAVING MONDAY…19 JULY 2010…
The family for LONDON will be on the 31 July… that will give me time…. BUT THIS IS ONLY ONE…
THE OTHER THING IS I HAVE TO MAKE MORE FOR THE LOCALS.. BUT NOT IN A RUSH…
WOULD I EVER BEAT THE DEADLINE….
CAN I ASK THE LJ… WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY FOR FINISHING… A REAL QUICK DRY… AN OVERNIGHT DRYING THE LEAST….
Got the camera now:
All the seven laid down in my working table:
I just give you other details asap..