The nice long Labour Day weekend gave us three days to get some major work done. Firstly on Saturday we got the roof completed, and this completed the outer structural part of the workshop. It took a while to do this as I put silicone in every joint as I went to try to reduce leaks when it rains. The manufacturers say it isn’t necessary, but my experience says otherwise. It made the going slow, but ultimately we got there.
Then on Sunday we got the floor completed and my son planed out all the uneven high spots.
On Monday I sanded the entire floor to prep it for the tile. I got an amazing deal on the tile. I went looking for flooring for the workshop and this one place I went to had brought in this industrial flooring (like you see in high-end car showrooms) and he couldn’t sell it, nobody wanted it so he sold it to me at cost! So late Sunday I started to lay the tile. That’ll be my job now this week when I have a few spare moments – to lay a few tiles. Once the flooring is down, I’m going to reinforce the walls with some 2×4s… but for now, tiling!
-- Making sawdust in Bermuda. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!