The tables have some 0.25” slats on the sides. The center slat is 3” wide and has a decorative slot cut into it. The straight part was cut on the router table. The curved ends were cut on a scroll saw.
I bought the scroll saw on CL last winter. It is a Craftsman. This is the first time I used it on a project. I had trouble setting the blade tension. When mounting the blades I set them completely into the clamp. But then there was no play for the tensioning screw. So I had to mount the blades with the clamp rotated forward so the blade could extend past the clamp. I’m sure this isn’t correct but it worked. The manual’s pictures were not very detailed.
I xeroxed the pattern and pasted it onto the slat so I could follow the shape with the saw. I didn’t like the way this worked. So on the rest I drew the shapes by hand and followed the pencil line. This worked better for me.
Like cutting mortises, the first ones were a little rough. The last two turned out much cleaner. I dressed them up with a small rasp and sanded the inside edges to 150 grit.