It’s been a good weekend. I spent most of it in the shop working on some jigs for my shop.
I recently purchased a used drill press on CL. It needed some repair. The previous owner had a nice DP table but it was made from an old piece of laminated countertop. It was delaminating and I was afraid to use it for any precise work. So I rebuilt the top out of 3/4 Baltic birch. I also added a fence.
I made an insert for the center so I can replace it if I need to drill through a piece. This was more work than I expected. At first I tried to cut a square hole in a piece of scrap to use as a router template. Well, I measured twice and still got it wrong. So instead of trying to cut another frame, I screwed together some 1×4 pine using a Kreg jig. It was much faster and worked much better.
I also finished a cross cut sled I started a few months ago. I added some T-track and a stop block. It works well but I think if I had a lower profile backstop it would be easier to use.