So after the last incident the knives were well chipped and I recently ordered a new set and had not gotten around to installing them and testing the jointer. Well this weekend I had a project I wanted to get done and I needed to joint some wood.
So, I pulled out the jointer, a hex wrench, and my steel square and installed the new blades, tested the tables for parallel pulled the jointer way out into the driveway and draped an old carpet that we are trashing over it in case something decided to go flying.
Well nothing did this time. I also think that I installed the spacer backwards which allowed the blade to fly out of the cutterhead before.
I tested using a 2×4 I had kicking around and it turned out to be square. If anything was off, it wan’t enough to register on my steel square.
For the cost of some nuts and bolts, gas, and my time, I have a working tool that I can use.
-- There's two routers in my vocab, one that moves data and one that removes wood, the latter being more relevant on this forum.