Well, I think my eyes are growing a bit big now, when it comes to woodworking. I have a bunch of different tools I want to pick up.
Projects on the list:
1. Simple shelves for the wife Almost done with those; I’ve been taking my time and just trying out some of my new tools and different techniques just to get some experience
2. Keyring shelf On the books for a while, just haven’t started.
3. Garage shelves I like the ones over on woodgears.ca, but I’m torn between building them custom sized to fit my garage junk, or just a uniform size.
4. Headboard The guest room bed has no headboard.
5. Sharpening station Got the planer, got the glass, need the fine grit paper and to mount them
6. Router table Got a big o’le router, but I think it would be nice to have a table. I figure that if the wood is big and stationary, a portable and small router works best; but if the wood is portable and small, a big and stationary router would be better.
7. Smoker caddy Something like a dolly that I can haul my smoker in and out of my garage (see shelving dilemma)
8. Trailer shelf Got a nice bike trailer for the boy, but I want to store it out of the way.
Tools on the list:
1. Dust collector Probably going to buy the harbor freight one.
2. Shop vac Though it would complement the dust collector somehow.
3. Planer Just looking for the right opportunity on craigslist
4. Jointer Also looking for the right opportunity on craigslist
5. Drill press Straight holes are nice.
6. Air compressor Not necessarily for woodworking, but nice to have.
7. More clamps Someone once said, “he who has the most clamps when they die, wins.” I was excited that blue store had Irwin 12” ers on sale this week. Score.
So, apparently, I need time AND money…