I carefully laid out the compartments on a sheet of plywood to be sure it would give the customer the room required.
I then marked my cuts out for the body on the only piece of bloodwood I had left. I cut the board to the width of all four sides and slotted a kerf for the bottom. Here is a test piece of 1/4” ply.
I mitered the sides and then cut slots for splines to add strength and dress it up a little. I used maple and wenge for the splines.
This is how the splines look after glue up. I am always a little nervous, hoping I dont have any gaps at the back which will show up when I start grinding away.
-- If I can do it, so can you. www.artboxesbyandy.com