I finished my sawhorses this afternoon—I have to say that having a sawhorse to use made building the second sawhorse much easier. It was also educational. I learned not to nail the sawhorse to the floor, and that the stringers should be nailed on the outside so that when you put your foot up on them to saw something they stay attached to the sawhorse and don’t pop off.
This one was nice – I was in the zone. It went together like a dream, in very close to the titular 14 minutes.
First I trimmed the last two legs to length. Then I neatened up the ends of the I-beams to make sure the legs could go in flush.
Once I got the legs on the sawhorse, I traced out a template for the plywood side faces.
Saw what you will about my other skills, but I am a dab hand at cutting straight lines with a handsaw.
On went the side faces, and then I trued up the legs so she would stand level.
And then I was done. Aaaaahhhh.
-- Work hard, play hard, drink good beer.