If you read my recent post about my shop… I had some work done and that didn’t turn out so great. However… while that has gotten me down… I’m ready to get going again. Actually I’ve been out there already. And I’m tellin ya… I miss that rush!!!
I’ve started on my first project. I’m making the first of two beds for my boys room. But first… here is whats been up.
Ok… so my shop has been a complete disaster. Everything was a mess. But first things first.. get it cleaned up. And I found the perfect helper! Ok… he ran the shop vac. But at least he wanted to help. LOL
While the shop is not where I want it to be. I was able to get some things done. To start with…When they put the new garage door in the new hardware took up a little more room. So my storage for my rattle cans, finishes, stains and paints wouldn’t fit any longer. While I had everything pulled out I decided to paint the osb to brighten things up a bit. It actually has helped a lot. So… I painted and I took apart the paint storage, trimmed the shelves down and put it all back together. Still works perfectly.
I also decided to get myself a new tool. I’m super excited about this one. I got a new router and router table.
So I got it all together and ready. I did buy the insert plate that’s already drilled out for the router I got. Not sure why. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. And… I got a good deal. So I said… what the heck. I wasn’t real excited though when I got it inserted. the screws holding the router in place are not flush. So I’ll still need to do some drilling out. But… in the process… I got a new helper. My daughter. LOL! She spent most of her “helping” taking selfies. She is 15 after all. AND…. at least she was in the shop with me. So I”m ok with that.
So another GREAT thing….. !!!! Guess what I found??? I had this old sewing machine table that I had my old craftsman counter top router table sitting on. It’s been sitting there for quite a while. As I was moving this out of the way something fell out of this little drawer/shelf. In the pic below you can see this “shelf”.
I got this dado blade set a good while ago from a fellow LJer. I could never use them because the arbor on my table saw wouldn’t let me. Back when I got my new table saw one of the first things I tried was the dado set. And it worked!!! After that day… I never could find the dado set again. Lo and behold…. there they were!!!! So glad to have FINALLY found them.
So…. that pretty much brings me up to date. I’m working on the bed. Will post a project when I’m finished with it. I feel out of practice. I guess I just need to work out there more to get back in the swing of things. But I will guarantee you this…. when that dado set fell (Hope it didn’t damage the blades)... I did a dance. LOL
HOWEVER…. one problem…. a visitor came while I was working. This spider was CRAZY BIG!!!! I tried to get my son to kill it. He missed… :(
Needless to say… my shop now smells like peppermint because I put cotton balls with peppermint essential oil all around it.
So… gonna finish up the bed and then get to working on the shop some more. SOOOOOOOO glad to be out there working again!!!
Sorry all my pics are sideways. I was going to try and fix them… but… I’m about to go to bed. So… next time.
Have a great weekend!!!