Well… my plans haven’t gone quite as I wanted them to. I had expected to get my bench done last weekend. However… over the last week I’ve spent a lot of time taking care of some things for my mom. We recently lost my step dad and so she’s all alone now. I’ve also had to do LOTS of yard work.
SO… what I have done is cut some scrap practice pieces out and have tried my hand at cutting the mortises for my bench. I had some issues with my table saw and wasn’t able to do them on it. I tried with my router and failed. So I turned to my band saw. I made some cuts and then cleaned it up with a hand chisel. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Then last night I was able to get the issues with the table saw corrected.
I had two issues…. ONE… it wasn’t cutting square. Got it adjusted and it’s all good. TWO… I couldn’t loosen the nut on the arbor to try out the dado set I was given. I had a friend come over last night and they were able … after much effort… to get the thing off. Now I can try the dado set. I want to watch a few videos on how to install them before I do that though. If that doesn’t work out I’ll just use the band saw.
Tomorrow I will be trying the dado set out and over the next two days I will get the Cherry planed down.
Sorry for not updating sooner. It’s been a crazy week. I think I’m back on track though
I did get one small project made though. Of course… I used pallet board and my planer :) It was a quick project. Nothing special. Not even finished. It’s kind of rough. But it will serve it’s purpose and will be a sample to show my mom and a friend that want me to make one for them as well. It’s a spice rack. I’ll be posting a pic in my projects gallery once I get if finished and hang it up This is not a great pic. Sorry :(
Hope you all have a great week! I look forward to sharing more soon.