I’ve been working on this bandsaw for quite a while now.
Early last year I replaced the belt and changed the tires and put a mobile base under her. Then, back over the summer, I bought some lead tape and balanced the wheels. I also replaced the stock blade with a 1/4” Olson one. The guy at Woodcraft talked me out of the Timberwolf. Why, I’ll never know. This thing barely cuts better than the stock blade.
Anyway, back in the fall, as this thing is still vibrating too much for me, I decided to replace those little rubber “shock absorber” things the motor sits on. So I cut a little piece of MDF out and mounted the motor on that.
Still too much vibration.
So a few weeks ago, when my parents were here for Christmas, exactly a year after my dad and I put it together, the two of us remounted this thing with a piece of MDF hopefully stabilizing the base.
So I believe I’m done fooling with this thing. It’s got about 10 minutes runtime on it and about 7 man hours of mod time.
But I’m not complaining. I got to know quite a bit about the bandsaw, I got to spend some time in the garage, I got to spend some time in the garage with my dad, and the bandsaw is vibration free.
-- In this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.