I have been away from the shop most of this last week out of town working but I did finish up the Bobbin assembly. This weekend I will concentrate on sanding and gluing everything together.
So after I drew a couple of 3” circle on some cherry, I drilled a 5/16” hole in each.
I added a t-nut to one and drilled a counter bore in the other and cut them out.
I glued them together and let the assembly dry.
I mounted in my lathe using double faced tape and turned it to specification
With the threads that I has turned earlier on the shaft, the t-nut tightened securely.
The next steps are to sand and glue up the pieces. I also need to cut a grove in the big wheel to support the drive belt. I will show that in my next blog entry
Thanks again for looking! We are getting close now!
-- Measure twice and cut once.....sneak up on it! Steve Lien