I have been busy these last six months working on my kitchen redo. I ripped out all the old cabinets and have been replacing them with QSWO cabinets that I have been making in my shop. I have been purchasing the wood from a local sawmill in the rough state and has been kiln dried to 7%. My jointer, table saw, dust collector, and planer have all lost 50 lbs each with the workout that I have gave them.
This is the before kitchen..Nasty!
Here is a couple of pictures of the butlers pantry before pics
Here is where I am at today. Sorry but I stitched the first image together to get a panorama shot but it still is a little goofy looking (yes the stiles on the island front are really square and not all weirdly arthritic looking!!). I added transom cabinets with glass doors and crown molding to finish it off. The divided lites on those cabinets were made using half lap joints. Still working on the island but will post pictures from the other side soon. I replaced a couple of can lights above the island with some reto-fit pendent lights with some nice globes. I sold all the old cabinets and got enough money to buy all the hinges and pulls for all the cabinets. I have all of the stone tops ordered but not yet in place. I still am using the old tops. I can not wait to see how good it will look when the counter tops are in and the back splash is complete. Here are some pictures so far:
The Butlers pantry with the new wine rack was a pain in the butt!
Here is a close up of the cabinet fronts. The carcasses are made with 3/4” Oak plywood, The door fronts have 1 5/8 stiles and rails on the face frames. The doors have 2” stiles and rails with stub mortise and tenon joints. The inserts are 1/4 white oak plywood that sit in a centered groove.
Thanks for taking a look and I would like any comments good or bad. It has been a long process doing one wall at a time. I look forward to sharing the completed photos with you soon.
-- Measure twice and cut once.....sneak up on it! Steve Lien