I am happy to share with fellow Lumberjocks my first audio podcast. My special guest is none other than Neil Lamens, of Furnitology Productions fame. I invite you to listen to the podcast – there is also a download link to the MP3 file.
I extracted the following from the most recent post on my blog:
This is the first audio podcast from Sandal Woods. Neil Lamens of Furnitology Productions is my guest; we discuss Form in design. The following are a few of the things we discussed:
- Form vs. function – the old adage
- The benzene ring form
- Kaleo Kala – an analogy
- Period furniture, with emphasis on the 60s, when form was just about anything you wanted it to be!
- What has transpired since the bean bag chair, “a living form”?
- Are we as woodworkers in a period of discovery, so that we can move forward with design?
- If you will attend the Woodworking in America Conference, would you be interested in having some additional conversation about Form in design?
We would love to hear from our readers what you thought about this first audio podcast, and especially about the theme, Design: Form. We will address a new topic on design in the near future.
-- Al Navas, Country Club, MO, http://sandal-woodsblog.com